- Generally speaking, the relationships between lochnessbus.com and our customers and users derived from the hiring/purchase of products and services contained in our website are subject to EU legislation.
- The content, business operations, products and services included on our website are not intended or designed to those people residing in a jurisdiction where these contents are not approved or authorized.
- Any cases of dispute and/or the resolution of conflicts shall be governed by the legislation in effect in the UK and any dispute shall be submitted to the courts and tribunals of this territory, irrespective of the possibility to attend out of court procedures for conflict resolution.
- Access to our website is the sole responsibility of the user and does not imply any kind of commercial relationship between lochnessbus.com and the user.
- lochnessbus.com wishes to make it clear to users that the content of this website are aimed at an audience of over 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16 years you must have the authorization of your parents or legal guardian in order to continue using our website.
1. Updates and modifications of information
The information contained on our website is valid on the date of its last update (1st September 2019). We reserve the right to update, modify or delete the information on this website, including the right to limit or deny access to any user.
Users may not alter, change, modify, or adapt any part of this website at any time. However, we reserve the right to, at any time, make any changes or modifications that we deem convenient and may do so at any time and without prior notice.
Furthermore, we reserve the right to update the general terms and conditions at any time. Such changes and modifications will not affect contracts already concluded between lochnessbus.com and our users or customers, without prejudice to the modifications which may be established by mutual agreement and in the case of fortuitous event of force majeure.
Lochnessbus.com is the direct provider of the tourism services displayed on this website. Consequently, the information provided about each product and service, such as photographs or videos, contained within this website is true and accurate and of which we take responsibility. We make every possible effort to prevent and avoid any errors in the content that may appear on this website; However, we do not guarantee or take responsibility for any consequences that could be derived from errors in the content provided by third parties that may appear on this website.
lochnessbus.com does not take responsibility in any way for those contents, commercial activities, products and services included that may be visualised by means of electronic connections (links) directly or indirectly through this website. The presence of links on this website, unless expressly otherwise stated, has a merely informative purpose and under no circumstances does it mean a suggestion, invitation or recommendation for them. These links do not represent any type of relationship between lochnessbus.com and the private individuals or companies that own the websites and those that may access it via these links. lochnessbus.com reserves the right to remove unilaterally and at any given time the links which appear on its website.
Lochnessbus.com assumes no responsibility for the content of any forum or debate in cyberspace (chat), bulletins or transmissions of any type, that are linked to this website and will fully cooperate, if required to do so by the relevant authorities or by order of the courts, in identifying the person or persons responsible for the content which violates the law.
Lochnessbus.com excludes all responsibility which may arise from the transmission of information between users. Liability for statements published in this website lies exclusively with those who make them. Any type of transmission of data which users may make through this website or via other points of access controlled by lochnessbus.com, which may infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties and whose content is threatening, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or the transmission of any other type of material which constitutes or incites a conduct which may be considered a criminal offence is prohibited.
lochnessbus.com reserves the right to prevent or inhibit access to the website of any internet user who introduces in this website any content contrary to legal or moral standards, reserving the right to take whatever legal actions considered appropriate to prevent this type of behaviour.
lochnessbus.com excludes liability should minors access and use this website and its content. It is the responsibility of the parents or legal guardians to take an active role in supervising the online activity of their children and/or install parental control tools in order to avoid access to materials and content that is not appropriate for minors, as well as avoiding personal data being sent without previous authorisation from a parent or guardian.
3. Browsing, access and security
This website has been designed to support the most common web browsers on the Internet (Microsoft web browsers, Google web browsers, Apple web browsers, Android web browsers, Mozilla web browsers). However, we are not responsible for any damage, of any type, that may be caused to users by the use of browsers or versions other than those for which this website has been designed.
lochnessbus.com accepts no responsibility for nor guarantees that access to this website will not be interrupted or that it is error free, provided that such occurrences or errors come from external sources. Neither does it accept responsibility for or guarantee that the software that can be accessed through this website is error free by cause of third parties. Likewise, in no case shall lochnessbus.com accept responsibility for loss or damage of any type caused by the access and use of this website, provided it comes from external sources. Neither does it accept responsibility for damage that may occur due to inappropriate use of this website.
4. Intellectual and industrial property
This website, the contents and services within it, including but not limited to, photographs, images, texts, logos, designs, brands, commercial names and data that are included in this website are protected by Intellectual Property Law. Thus, this website and its contents may not be exploited, reproduced, distributed, modified, communicated publicly, transferred or transformed. Access to this website and its content does not grant users any intellectual property rights whatsoever to its users in any way. The content of this website may only be downloaded to users’ terminals for private, non-commercial use; hence it will not be able to be used, reproduced, distributed, modified, publicly communicated, transferred, transformed, or the content of this website used for commercial or public purposes.
lochnessbus.com does not transfer property or ownership of its software to users. It retains all industrial and intellectual property rights including the software. Users transferring software from this website to their terminal may not take it apart, even for study purposes, nor decompile it, nor translate the original source code or its language to another code or language.
lochnessbus.com only authorises the use of the contents of this website for information and service subject to acknowledgement or reference to the source, the user taking sole responsibility for the misuse of it. lochnessbus.com reserves the option of taking legal action against those users who violate or infringe these intellectual and industrial property rights.
5. Technical information
lochnessbus.com shall not be held responsible for any damage or cost whatsoever which may arise out of interferences, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone breakdown, operational disruptions or disconnections of this electronic system, due to causes unrelated to lochnessbus.com; delays or blockage in the aforementioned electronic system caused by deficiencies or overloads in the telephone lines or overloading of the data processing centre, the Internet system or other electronic systems, as well as damages that could be caused by third parties by means of illegal interference out of our control.
1. Scope of application
All acquisitions of products and services are to be carried out exclusively in accordance with these terms and conditions. These general terms and conditions will be applied to and are valid for all future business operations without need for further express agreement.
On making an order, the client agrees to all terms and conditions set out in the contract of sale or purchase with lochnessbus.com. lochnessbus.com offers the trade of its products and services in the European Union. However, if interested in receiving an item or service outside of the territory of the European Union the user should get in touch with lochnessbus.com using the contact forms available on this website or by sending an email to [email protected], we will consider requests and get in touch with an answer.
lochnessbus.com has the right to modify these general terms and conditions, the latest version of these terms and conditions may be consulted at any time on this website.
2. Communication with the customer
On placing an order, the customer should provide a valid email address and ensure that it is functional from the first moment of placing the order until the order process is complete. The customer should remember to check their spam filter settings by their email provider and make sure that they have received an email from lochnessbus.com. This email address may be used in future orders unless the customer is to modify it, requests to change or rectify it. Messages of lochnessbus.com which are sent by email to the customer’s indicated email address are presumed to be received by the customer after their dispatch. lochnessbus.com is only responsible for transmission errors if their cause is based on the sphere of lochnessbus.com. The customer has the option to provide proof of not having received a message due to causes beyond the control of the customer. lochnessbus.com is not obliged to notify the customer of errors, flaws or ineffectiveness of their email account. However, the customer is permitted to provide evidence that it would have been technically possible and reasonable to receive the message.
Reservations with airline companies and other service providers are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations imposed by such companies and service providers.
The customer should take into account that some of these services may limit or exclude liability in the case of death, injury, loss or damage to luggage and delays. While lochnessbus.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage that occur as a result of such actions or as a result of any act or omission of any of these third parties, it will provide the customer with adequate assistance to help with the resolution of any reasonable dispute.
The agreements for any of the accommodation that is referred to on this website or on our leaflets are provided by the independent third party accommodation providers. These agreements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of the responsibility imposed by these providers and the contracts will be directly made between the customer and the third party accommodation provider. All agreements will be made independently from lochnessbus.com regardless of any help or assistance that we may provide with such agreements.
lochnessbus.com will spare no effort to guarantee precision of its leaflets at the time of print. We do not accept responsibility for any printing errors, typographical errors or errors that occur due to unforeseen circumstances.
With the acquisition of any product or service made by the customer, in the event that a different email address is given (for example, when products or services are bought on behalf of or for another person), these circumstances do not affect the perfection of the contract. If the customer acts on behalf of another person the contract is only binding to this person when there is clear evidence provided to lochnessbus.com, and when it has been explicitly agreed to in writing by lochnessbus.com and a contract made with this person. In all other cases, providing a different email address should not affect a contract being made with the customer.
Travel insurance is not included in the ticket price. lochnessbus.com recommends that the customer takes out travel insurance before the trip to cover cancellations, medical costs, personal accidents, luggage, travel money and civil liability. lochnessbus.com reserves the right to terminate any contracted services in the event of the customer not having adequate travel insurance. lochnessbus.com accepts, therefore, no liability in any form in the event of loss or damage to luggage or other types of personal belongings, as well as, civil liability for physical/bodily damage or death, unless otherwise understood within the law.
The packages shown on our leaflets or on our website are valid until they are cancelled or replaced. lochnessbus.com reserves the possibility to make changes to the prices, itineraries and routes. Any changes will be communicated to the customer before the contract is concluded.
Reserving a trip or tour on our website is straightforward. All you need to do is select the tour you’d like to purchase, the number of participants and the date directly from our calendar. Next, you should follow the reservation process until all of the payment steps have been completed. You will then receive an email confirmation (remember to check your spam folder).
You can check it out in our tutorial on how to book on our website. (https://lochnessbus.com/how-to-book/)
If you have any queries, contact our team by sending us an email to [email protected] or by calling us on 0044 131 629 0189. Our customer service business hours are Monday to Sunday from 9am until 3pm all year round.
Before purchasing any of our guided tours the customer should be aware of the following:
- On purchasing any service, the customer is in agreement with our description of each one of the tours, trips or visits.
- The company permits the right of admission to any of our tours. lochnessbus.com reserves the right to make any passenger abandon the tour at any point if it considers that the passenger’s behaviour, mode of action, health or any other serious reasons may cause danger or inconvenience to other travellers or may spoil the success of the tour or the normal development of it.
- The company may make timetable modifications, itinerary changes and cancellations of tours up to 4 hours before they start.
- Given the nature of the service, the company is not responsible if any of the tours guides arrive late to the meeting point due to delays in public transport or public transport connection services or any other reasons outside of the control of the company that may change or cause delay the guided tour. In the event of a delay or postponement of a tour we will try to meet the individual needs of our customers within our abilities.
- We are not responsible for the carelessness of our customers during the tour, for example, crossing a road while the lights are on red.
- Neither are we responsible for any damage that our customers may suffer during our tours. We may only be held responsible as far as our civil responsibility enables us.
- lochnessbus.com may not be held responsible for any modifications made due to adverse weather conditions in which case the company may change the itinerary of the tour.
- The company is not responsible for the events that occur by accident or force majeure, weather or events occurring before or during the course of the tour that prevent, delay or otherwise impede the implementation of all or part of the services committed in the undertaking in accordance with the company.
- The reservation of the purchased tour is valid only on the specified date.
- It is not necessary to print the email confirmation, it may be shown on arrival on a mobile phone or tablet.
- The ticket can only be used by the person named on the confirmation. Under no circumstances, may a different person use the ticket. The ticket (email confirmation) must be shown to a lochnessbus.com representative upon demand along with some form of official identification or passport.
- City tours are suitable for children (unless otherwise stated for a specific tour).
- Day trips are not suitable for children under four years old.
- The policies and services for those with reduced mobility will vary depending on the type of assistance that is requested. Please indicate specific needs in the observations section during the reservation process.
- In general, unless otherwise stated, the tours include a free tour guide.
- Tours will be made in vehicles of 8, 16, 19, 29, 39 or 55 seats, according to demand. All of our vehicles are equipped with the latest safety and comfort features.
- For logistical reasons, the tour may be conducted by sharing a vehicle with the same service given in a different language. In such cases, the customer will be provided with an accessory to follow the guide in his or her own language.
- Everything that is included in the tour can be found in detail on our website.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in our vehicles.
- In the event that the timetable of a tour should vary the customer will be notified with sufficient time.
- It is the customer’s obligation to respect and obey the laws and regulations of the country of visit, including border control and currency restrictions. In the event of non-compliance of these obligations the customer may be requested, by the lochnessbus.com representatives, to return their ticket which will then be cancelled and no refund given.
- The company is not responsible for any customer who does not arrive at the meeting point on time and will not refund the payments made by the customer.
- The frequently asked questions (FAQs) section on this website may help resolve any doubts and queries you may have in order for you to be able to make the right decision in regards to your trip or tour. However, the information included in the FAQs section is for guidance only and, under no circumstances, does it override these terms and conditions. If you have any queries regarding any of these aspects we recommend you contact us via the links provided on this website.
The majority of our trips leave from the same meeting point: 190 High street, Edinburgh (on the Royal Mile).
We have other services where the meeting point is located in:
- Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off – Sightseeing tour: Waverley Bridge Bus stop.
- Scottish dinner and show: The Stables at Prestonfield, Prestonfield Road, EH16 5UT
- Private tours: It will be arranged before tour departure.
- Mary King’s Close – The underground city; High Street, 2 Warristons Close, EH1 1PG